Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Careers expo


Last week we went to a Careers expo to learn more about careers and what jobs are out there for us. We travelled on three buses to the ASB stadium.

When we went through the entrance the place looked big and awesome. When we walked around Johnny and I went to the engineering display.That was the first career we went to. The man who was standing waiting for us was handsome, he had a nice suit on. We asked him how much he gets paid a week and he said they get paid 2 to 3 thousand a week.

The next area we went to was the police area. They had a spotless uniform on. We spoke to one of them and we asked him how much they get a year and he said they get about 40 thousand a year. When I heard that I was fascinated.

Suddenly when me and Johnny were walking around Mrs Parker-Tofa told us that we were about to leave soon. Johnny and I went back to the entrance and sat down next to our class. When I sat down my mates and I started talking about the information we had gathered during the time of the expo.

When we had finished all that talking we had to line up in one line so we could start walking to the bus. While we boarded the bus all of us started talking again.

While I was at the careers expo I felt good looking at all the jobs and careers that were out there for me. When I went to a display there were people there asking questions so I had to go to another display. At the end the day I still gathered the information I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.